To prepare for your sleep test, please click play below to listen to the message on how to best prepare for your sleep test.
Your sleep is important to your health and well-being. There are just a few things you need to keep in mind as you prepare for it:
The test will begin at your normal sleep time.
- On the day of the test, go about your normal routine including eating when you usually do and taking any prescribed medications.
- However, please avoid napping six hours before your test, drinking any caffeinated beverages such as coffee, soda or energy drinks within three hours of the test, and drinking any alcoholic beverages.
- You’ll want to wear a t-shirt to sleep in. If you’re a male, you may need to shave under your chin before the test to get rid of any 5 o’clock shadow.
- When you arrive at your test site, a trained sleep technologist will greet you and get you ready by strapping a small lightweight device around your midsection. This device will be attached to your t-shirt and record signals throughout the night.
- The sleep technologist will also attach sensors and electrodes to your skin using medical tape. The sensors gather information while you sleep about your breathing and snoring patterns and oxygen levels. When you wake up, a technologist will meet you in a prearranged location.
That’s all there is to it. Thank you for taking the sleep test. You and your health are important to us. We want to do all we can to make sure you’re getting the restful sleep you need.