Sleep and Health for You and Your Family
- What’s the link between unhealthy sleep and diabetes?
- New Study Finds Late Night Electronics Increase Insomnia in Children and Teens
- Understanding FMCSA Guidelines for Sleep Apnea
- FusionSleep’s Dr. Durmer Discusses the Dangers of Sleep Disorders on Healthy Explosion BlogTalkRadio
- Care Manager Talks Sleep Apnea Care on Extreme Truckers Show
Fusion Health Newsroom
Sleep4Safety is powered by FusionHealth
- 5 Ways to Stay Calm and Rested During the Holidays
- The 4 Most Sleep-Deprived Industries in America
- New eBook: The Value-Based Approach for Improving Sleep
- Beyond Claims: The Most Important Metrics When Evaluating a Sleep Health Program
- Webcast: The Sleeping Giant: Are Your Workers Aware of the Dangers of Insufficient Sleep?
At least forty-five percent of adults snore occasionally, and 25% are habitual snorers. Snoring is more frequent in males and overweight persons, and it usually grows worse with age. However, women and children often snore too.
Marker of Sleep Apnea
Snoring can be a marker of Sleep Apnea or a risk factor for vascular complications such as Hypertension. It may lead to daytime dysfunction, due to the fragmented sleep that can result from snoring.
Effects on Sleep
Snoring can cause headaches, difficulty in concentration, fatigue, and reduced work performance. A partner’s snoring is a major factor accounting for sleep disruption of U.S. adults, affecting 16% of adults overall: 22% of women vs. 7% of men.
Snorers and their bed partners are not only at increased risk for poor sleep quality but also lower quality of life and health. By eliminating snoring and sleep fragmentation, both the snorer and the bed partner benefit.
Successful treatment for snoring is often achieved with Oral Appliance Therapy (OAT). This non-surgical treatment uses a comfortable form-fitted device that is worn in the mouth during sleep, similar to a retainer. By supporting the soft tissues of the mouth and throat in this way, snoring is eliminated. The ease of use and personalized fit make OAT a simple solution to the chronic problem of snoring.