Sleep and Health for You and Your Family
- What’s the link between unhealthy sleep and diabetes?
- New Study Finds Late Night Electronics Increase Insomnia in Children and Teens
- Understanding FMCSA Guidelines for Sleep Apnea
- FusionSleep’s Dr. Durmer Discusses the Dangers of Sleep Disorders on Healthy Explosion BlogTalkRadio
- Care Manager Talks Sleep Apnea Care on Extreme Truckers Show
Fusion Health Newsroom
Sleep4Safety is powered by FusionHealth
- 5 Ways to Stay Calm and Rested During the Holidays
- The 4 Most Sleep-Deprived Industries in America
- New eBook: The Value-Based Approach for Improving Sleep
- Beyond Claims: The Most Important Metrics When Evaluating a Sleep Health Program
- Webcast: The Sleeping Giant: Are Your Workers Aware of the Dangers of Insufficient Sleep?
As a major threat to transportation safety, sleep apnea in professional drivers cannot be ignored.
Recent research demonstrates that:
- Sleep Apnea affects up to 28% of Commercial Truck Drivers
- Driving with untreated sleep apnea is equivalent to driving with a .06-.08 blood alcohol level.
- Untreated Sleep Apneics are at least 6 times more likely to cause an accident.
- 30% of High Severity Crashes may be Attributed to Sleep Apnea alone.
Diagnosing and treating Sleep Apnea is essential to your health and any operation where safety is a concern.