Sleep and Health for You and Your Family
- What’s the link between unhealthy sleep and diabetes?
- New Study Finds Late Night Electronics Increase Insomnia in Children and Teens
- Understanding FMCSA Guidelines for Sleep Apnea
- FusionSleep’s Dr. Durmer Discusses the Dangers of Sleep Disorders on Healthy Explosion BlogTalkRadio
- Care Manager Talks Sleep Apnea Care on Extreme Truckers Show
Fusion Health Newsroom
Sleep4Safety is powered by FusionHealth
- 5 Ways to Stay Calm and Rested During the Holidays
- The 4 Most Sleep-Deprived Industries in America
- New eBook: The Value-Based Approach for Improving Sleep
- Beyond Claims: The Most Important Metrics When Evaluating a Sleep Health Program
- Webcast: The Sleeping Giant: Are Your Workers Aware of the Dangers of Insufficient Sleep?
Helgi G. Helgason, MS, RPSGT is a sleep physiologist with FusionHealth®. He has been actively involved in sleep medicine and technology since 1996, as he became a Product Specialist for the world leading sleep diagnostic company Embla Inc. teaching and implementing sleep testing laboratories around the world.
Mr. Helgason received a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from the University of Iceland in 1997. He began his career as a sleep technologist and in 2001 became the first Icelander to pass the registry exam for Polysomnographic Technologists (RPSGT). In 1998 he joined Embla, Inc., a world-leading manufacturer of sleep diagnostic equipment, as a Product Specialist. At Embla he installed sleep laboratories and trained end-users and distributors in the function and use of the equipment to diagnose sleep disorders.
He received his Master’s Degree in Physiology from the University of Iceland, Faculty of Medicine in 2005. In June 2003, he was awarded the ‘Young Scientist Award’ at the Nordic Lung Conference (NLC) for his work on obstructive sleep apnea, daytime sleepiness and subjective measures. Mr. Helgason has held lectures and published articles on sleep and sleep technology, as well as on drowsy driving and fatigue behind the wheel. He is a member of the American Association of Sleep Technologists (AAST) and the Georgia Association of Sleep Professionals (GASP).
Mr.Helgason joined FusionHealth® in 2006 where he was responsible for all marketing of FusionSleep’s services to medical practices in the Atlanta area and to the local community. During his tenure as Practice Liaison Manager, the number of physicians and medical practices that refer patients to FusionHealth® has steadily grown year by year.